Tuesday, November 2, 2010

So it's Tuesday and apparently I update my blog on Tuesdays. :) Sadly I don't have pictures with me to add but maybe I'll add them later.
Friday night I went rock climbing with my friend Heather. She is the greatest. I just love that girl. I'm very much not a climber but it was fun. Previous to climbing I delivered halloween/birthday treats to some people in my ward. MISTAKE. I knew it was. The birthday side of it anyway. Do we remember boy with a girlfriend, then no girlfriend? It was his birthday. We'll call him Rodrigo. After praying he wouldn't be home, I headed over with the cupcakes. Hurrah that prayers are answered. He wasn't home. Let me just say that I was not looking exactly beautiful having woken up late therefor no shower and no make-up, but I was goign climbing, what did I care? So his roommate asked me to stay but I declined saying I was going climbing. Don't tell the gossip boy your plans. EVER. There we are, Heather climbing, me belaying, and I look over and see Rodrigo's roommate, and behind him . . . RODRIGO! Then the roommate I had talked to earlier came over and chatted. Then they were gone. Hurray. By this time I was done climbing. My poor arms just couldn't do anymore, but Heather was still going strong. So we headed to another wall and she climbed some more. Then she gets down and says "I found them". I turn around look up and there is Rodrigo and his roommates looking down at us and waving. Please kill me now. They come down to chat for a bit. Remember how I didn't shower and I'm not wearing make-up and how now I'm all sweaty from climbing? I just wanted the floor to open up and swallow me. No such luck. They invited us to go to the movies with them, but we declined. What a night. After climbing we made smoothies and watched Hocus Pocus and fell asleep on the floor. Saturday we had pumpkin shaped shaped pancakes. I was suppose to go to Layton to see a friend, but seeing as how I slept on the floor and had gone climbing I wasn't feeling super great so I decided not to go. I went with my friend Katie and her two kids to a halloween thing. Hayride, cornmaze, pig races, that kind of thing. After that I took a nap and woke up to rain. So we got the kids ready for trick-or-treating and went to the mall since it was raining. FAIL. Everyone went to the mall since it was raining. We decided to bag that idea and brave the rain, luckily it had pretty much stopped. I've decided I don't like to take children trick or treating. It's a pain. :) Maybe if it hadn't been raining and they hadn't been so tired and cranky. After that I did nothing. Sat on the couch watched a movie don't judge me, it was Titanic, but just the end, it was on TV, and then went to bed.
Sunday was great. We had a special Stake Conference with Elder Costa. The first great thing about that is that church was at 10 instead of 1:30. Second great thing, Elder Costa and his wife are hilarious and really gave great talks. Third great thing because I got out of church at a decent time I got to take a nap. Delightful. Ward prayer and some girl talk finished off a great Sunday.
What a lovely Halloween.

2 comments:

  1. So.. why did you keep turning this boy down on all his offers to hang out with you? -Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... Don't judge me, it was TITANIC?!?! Didn't you see that enough times in the theater when we were in Junior High?!?! :) Sounds like a pretty good story for the weekend. P.S. I like the name Rodrigo. You're so funny!

    ReplyDelete