Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Return from the Magic Kingdom

What a weekend! It was fantastic! I decided to not go home until Friday morning since our flight didn't leave until 2. That meant that I got to go with the Relief Society Presidency and Elders Quorum Presidency to the Bishops store house. I've been before but I'm still amazed by the spirit you can feel there and just how amazing the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is. I obviously have a testimony of it's truthfulness by the spirit but you can tell a lot about a person or organization by their works. It's amazing what one church can do. Friday morning I left early and headed home. Then my brother took my parents, my sister and myself to the airport. Then we were off to sunny California and sunny it was. 75-80 degrees. I'm surprised I didn't get fried. So Friday we just hung out at the hotel. An elder from my mission lives close to Disneyland so I told him I was coming and we went and hung out for the night. It was fun to see him since I hadn't seen him since he left the mission. We went to Downtown Disney, walked around, played in the arcade, and then just chatted for a while. It was really fun.

Saturday morning we were off to the Magic Kingdom. It was just so great. My mom broke her foot this last summer so we rented a wheelchair for her, since being on her feet and walking around all day would have killed her. It was a great investment since it moved us to the front of the line quite often. In the afternoon we went to California Adventure. Dad and Julie hadn't been on Tower of Terror yet so that was a must. The newest thing at Disney seems to be the upcoming release of Tron: Legacy.
At my house we love Tron. Dad always makes sure we see nerdy older movies. We love them. Julie and I got matching Tron shirts and wore them on Sunday. The highlight of the night was the discovery of the new water show in California Adventure, World of Color. By far my favorite thing of the trip. I took video on my phone. I'll have to post it when I figure out how to get it from my phone to a computer.

Sunday (don't judge) we were back to Disneyland. We started our day with Splash Mountain and then headed to Pirates of the Carribean. Good choice. We go through the exit (mom's in a wheelchair) and we are standing there waiting our turn. This huge group comes in the exit. I was way confused. There didn't appear to be anything wrong with these 20 kids. There are also 6 adults with them. I being the girl I am start checking out the guys to determine if it's worth Julie's time to check out the guys. :) I'm such a nice sister. So I look at the one guy, determine he's worth her time, and just as I'm turning to tell her I get a better look and say to myself, "he looks familiar" so now I'm kinda staring at this guy and then it totally clicks. I couldn't do anything. Star struck.

Now I know he's not super famous but for a girl that was obsessed with Young Hercules it was pretty exciting. That's right, Ryan Gosling was standing a foot away from me. He smiled at me as he walked past. I'm not imagining things. I was the only one standing there unless he was smiling at my dad. I think not. I finally turn to my sister and in a quiet freak out voice tell her that's Ryan Gosling. To remove any doubts, the kids that had entered with him are in their boat, waving and saying "hi Ryan!". I debated if I should just wait outside the exit and be a complete stalker, but I went with no. That was my brush with fame. I know, really exciting.
We took a break during the day and went to the beach. It was SO COLD. The air was nice and the sand was lovely, but that water! Julie told me to just keep walking out. Not the greatest plan ever. I did finally make it out and play around but man it was cold.

We went back to Disneyland rode a couple rides and then headed to California Adventure. Mom loved the Toystory ride so we did that again and then we went to watch the World of Color. This time from the front. If the back was amazing the front was just indescribable. It was SO AMAZING!!!! It was the perfect way to end our trip to Disneyland. Monday we packed up and headed home. My brother brought me my car so I could just leave from Idaho Falls and drive to Orem. All in all it was a fantastic trip and i'll be returning sometime in 2012 for the new attractions that were under construction, assuming the world hasn't ended by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment