Monday, May 3, 2010

Vegas Baby!!!

So I went to Vegas this past weekend and it was so fun. My friend Aubrey is the greatest ever!!! She is so good and I love to be around her. We had many great adventures. We stayed in St. George friday night with her friend Janae. Listening to Janae's brother and his friends talking was quite entertaining. Saturday morning we stopped at the St. George branch of the company I work for so I could meet the people I talk to on the phone all the time. It was very entertaining. Since I had never met Aldo, the main guy, I went in pretending to be a customer. But I was a customer with an outstanding loan. It was so funny to watch him thinking and then his face when I told him who I really was. LOVED IT!
Then we were off to Vegas. It was nice weather and really the first time I've been in Vegas and not on the strip. We went shopping, then we went out to lunch with a college friend we worked with. We got to meet her husband and it was fun to chat with them. I miss my friends from Media Services! After lunch we went to the strip to see what we could see. Not much worth seeing. Aubrey was daring, I'll have to give more details later.
After an hour or so on the strip we headed to a YSA activity. The ward had bought and raised a pig and we went to the party to eat it. It was an awesome party. There were so many people there. Lots of dental students. :) Tom was my favorite, he even came and talked with us. Sadly he was too short for me. After the BBQ we went back to the strip to see our friend Whitney who was the whole reason we were in Vegas in the first place. She was visiting there for the weekend. We went with Aubrey's friend Margie, another girl from the ward, and Ryan, one of Margie's friends. We watched the lights and water show at the Belagio, went and watched the trapeze artists, and we did get to see Whitney for a bit.
Sunday we went to church with Ryan since his church was earlier than Margie's and then we went to see Whitney for a bit. (p.s. Ryan is too short for me, but he's great!) It was fun to hang out with Whitney and really get to talk. We got caught up on life and reminisced about Alaska. Then we had to leave to make it back. We stopped in St. George to pick up Aubrey's shoes she left and then we were on the road again. What a FREAKING long drive. I did not love the drive back. It felt like it was 12 hours long, but all in all it was an awesome weekend. Aubrey has all the pics so I'll have to post them later.

1 comment: