Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day

This Mother's Day weekend was a busy one for me and it took a turn that I was definitely not expecting.
Friday night I headed up to Idaho with my aunt, uncle and cousin. My sister had her Idaho baby shower on Saturday and it was a very full weekend. Saturday morning I got up and ran 8 miles. That kind of wiped me out for the day, but there was still a lot to be done. We all got ready and headed to Idaho Falls for the temple open house. It was mostly the same, but they did change some of the rooms and furniture. It was very lovely.
After the temple we headed home to get ready for the baby shower. Lots of decorating, but relatively easy set-up since we had everything but the fruit ready. My mom was worried that no one would come but we had a great turnout.




Clean up was really fast and then we headed home. Mom and dad went to Idaho Falls with aunt Tammy and uncle Benny to look at a truck my grandpa is selling so I decided to see what Denae was up to. It worked out that they were having some pizza for dinner and Julie and Sterling were headed to visit some friends so they could drop me off since I was without a car. It was great to visit with Denae and David and their friends.
Sunday morning we started going through boxes and getting rid of stuff to help mom kick start her sewing room cleaning. I bought a long arm quilting machine and we need somewhere to put it so mom is working on making space for it for me. We made some good progress.
Church was pretty normal. The Elders Quorum presidency were the speakers and they were the typical Mother's Day, honor women talks you expect, but the musical number was really hard for me. I don't know what it was but I just cried through the whole thing and then cried for the rest of sacrament meeting. I walked home after church and went through some more boxes and tried to cheer up. I wasn't very successful. I have never had a problem with Mother's Day before, but for whatever reason, the baby shower, my very pregnant sister sitting next to me, or whatever else, this was a rough Mother's Day for me.
On the way home I did get two very nice texts that I was not expecting. The first was from Katie.
"Happy day to you! Thank you for being such a wonderful example to my girls!"
The second was from my friend John.
"Happy Mother's Day. You not only possess, but epitomize, every trait of woman and mother that I heard from the pulpit today. You are the most kind, nurturing, and strong woman that I know. I believe that your children would have the best chance of success in this life, because they'd be closer to Christ through you. You lead by example through your hard work, and always put the Lord first."
It was nice to get those messages especially since I had such a hard time at church. I am grateful for the wonderful women in my life who have taught and nurtured me, especially my own mother who is such an example of selflessness and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment