Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Backstreet Boys

These handsome boys graced my bedroom walls for many years. I loved them and all their songs and good looks. ;) As a teenager it was never an option for me to go to a concert. I couldn't afford it and my parents definitely weren't going to dish out the money for it and to be honest, I don't know that I really looked into it. I just knew it wasn't an option and that's the way it was and I went on singing loudly to every boy band song to makes it's way to me across the radio waves. Fast forward 20ish years and the Backstreet Boys are still together and making music. I wanted to go but couldn't think of who to go with (my friend I would have gone with went with her siblings) so I pushed it out of my mind and continued on with life.

THEN my sister invited me to go to Vegas with her to surprise my mom while my dad was at a conference. My dad knew I was coming and asked what show I wanted to go to. They were thinking a Cirque de Soleil show, but I had other plans. I looked up if BSB would be performing that week and sure enough, they were! My dad said no way would he go to "Buttstreet Boys" and my sister didn't want to go either, but then I thought to myself "This is BACKSTREET BOYS! I don't need anyone to go with. I'm a big girl. I'm just going to be geeking out and singing the whole time anyway so what does it matter if I go with anyone." So that's what I did. I bought my ticket and I went by myself.  And it was AWESOME! It was so much fun. I knew all the words to every song. I sat by the nicest couple, Duane and Fran, and really just had such a blast.

I would go again in a heartbeat and am glad I decided it was worth it to go by myself.
BACKSTREET'S BACK ALRIGHT!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you got to go to their concert! Seriously, we need to make this happen again, and I need to come with you! The closest boy band concert I've ever been to is Rascal Flatts. :) We need to go!

    ReplyDelete