Friday, February 10, 2017

Happy Birthday

It was my birthday last week. I didn't tell my students although they did ask when it was. I did give them clues. I told them it was in February and it was on one of my observation days. That actually narrowed it down to 2 days. My teacher on the other hand, did know it was my birthday and she brought cupcakes and had the class sing to me. My sister brought me flowers at school and when I got to work after school they had gotten Jamba Juice for the office since we usually do  lunch for birthdays, but I'm not there at lunchtime.
After work my sister, cousin and I went yarn shopping for my sister to choose yarn for the afghan my aunt is going to make for her baby. Then we headed to Red Robin to have dinner with Aubrey. It was fun to hang out with them and then I went home and went to bed. All in all, I count it a very successful birthday. :) My roommates also got me flowers and a gift, but I still haven't opened the gift since one roommate was out of town, one roommate is gone for the month and the other offered but we didn't find a time.
So far, a week in, 32 hasn't been too bad. This week was a doozy and I'm beat, but I count myself lucky to have lived for 32 years. Lots of ups and downs, but I'd say the good outweighs the bad. I have great people in my life (many of whom, called or texted me as well for my birthday), I have the opportunity to pursue an education and work with kids, I have a job, a car, a place to live, and so many other blessings. 32 is going to be a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment