Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter 2016

This Easter was a beautiful one. The weather couldn't have been better. My visiting teachers came to visit before church and I was so delighted to have visiting teachers again! As I walked to church (one of my favorite things about switching to the conventional ward) I just took in all the springtime beauty around me. I few of the trees had blossoms and the flowers in people's yards were so cheery. Church itself was everything I would have expected it to be, but somehow it was better than normal. I was just so happy to be there. Even sitting by myself. I was so grateful to listen to the sacrament prayers and to think about Jesus Christ and his life and sacrifice. About the covenants I have made and the authority that makes those covenants valid on earth and in heaven. Listening to the talks and thinking about the places Christ walked and people he interacted with made this Easter a little more personal for me.
I didn't even mind staying for the rest of church all by myself, which is usually an internal battle for me. And I didn't end up being by myself anyway.
Easter has given me so much. It essentially has given me my life. It has given me my eternal family. It has given me the opportunity to live each day new and become better than I was yesterday. It has given me the knowledge that there is always someone who understands me perfectly. It was given me power over the fear of death. Comfort in knowing that through our darkest Fridays, Sunday will come.

He is risen. Praise be his name forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment