Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Whole30 Day 12

I'm on day 12. Today is not a good day. I'm very frustrated that since I started this I don't have ANY energy to run. My day to day energy levels seem to be fine, but when I go out to run there is nothing in the tank. Today it's really getting to me and making me mad. REALLY mad. I have a half marathon in a month and I have gone from 10 minute miles before I started this to 12 minute miles. Not encouraging. AND I'm suppose to be upping my mileage, but I barely have the energy to run a 5K. I think it's a combination of other things in life stressing me out, the new way of eating, and PMS that have me really hating this today, but that doesn't change the fact that I want to cry and go eat some carbs that will actually give me some GO when I run.

On a brighter note: I made my own lara bars and they turned out yummy and they were super easy. You can find the recipe here.  I haven't done the math yet to determine if it's actually cheaper to make my own, but at least I know that if it is, it's worth the time to make them on my own.
I also made my own coconut flakes. I'll attempt coconut milk and coconut flour next.
Look at me, being all domestic and adventurous.

No comments:

Post a Comment