Friday, May 2, 2014

Last day of freedom

I'm super ticked this got deleted. Here goes round 2. If this one gets deleted, I'm taking it as a sign that I shouldn't do this.

My friend Kari has convinced me to give the whole30 challenge a try. Basically I cut out all food. But seriously here is what I can't eat.
  • Do not consume added sugar, real or artificial.
  • Do not eat grains. This includes pseudo grains like quinoa. 
  • Do not eat legumes. What the heck!? I thought those were good for you.
  • Do not eat dairy. With the exception of something I've never even heard of. Ghee anyone?
  • Do not eat white potatoes. Really?! I'm from IDAHO!! smh
  • Do not consume alcohol in any form. Finally an easy one.  
  • Do not consume carrageenan. I don't know what that is, but spell check is telling me it's misspelled the replacement word for it is carnage. I think I'll avoid that one. No MSG or sulfites.
  • No Paleo-fying baked goods, dessert and junk food. 
Basically the next 30 days will be filled with vegetables, fruits, meats, a lot of label reading and creativity. I've done no sweets for a month. No meat for a month. We'll see how I do with this ^^ awesome monstrosity. At least this time I'm not doing it by myself.

Tonight Kari and I are menu planning and grocery shopping and having our last non whole30 friendly meal. Hot dogs on the grill and Rita's for dessert.

I'll blog about it here and blow up instagram with obnoxious hashtags about my weird sauce food. At least facebook will be safe.

Just don't offer me a snickers. I don't think I have that much self control. 

1 comment: