Sunday, July 15, 2012

July is just great

Cowboy month continues. I found some new things to add to the festivities in the most unlikely place. Yesterday I ran a half marathon in Mona, Utah. It was Lavender Days and they do a run through the lavender fields. It was a tough course, mostly flat with a few gradual inclines, but I finished.
After the race they had lots of things to go and see. I wish that I had people there with me, but I went and did stuff by myself and asked random people to take pictures for me (except at the very end when I ran into my friend Erin).
So what kind of "cowboy" things are there at Lavender Days?
Of course you need to ride a moose


And what Cowboy is anything without an Indian?

Do a little Indian dance.

cute little baby miniature pony

Bison, a staple of any good cowboys life . . .  maybe?

and ride a bull. I was actually going to get on this and ride it, but I was tired and there were lots of people around.
I also went on a wagon ride, but I didn't get a picture. It was a good day at Lavender Days and then an excellent afternoon filled with a 4 hour nap. I did manage to be a bit social and went to Battle of the Bands with some people from the ward. It was super fun, even if I was ridiculously tired. I also saw the man I'm going to marry. . .  maybe I should work on actually talking to him next time. Camille where's that book? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment