Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dear Santa

I'm not sure what it is about the holidays, maybe the fact that they focus so much on family, but sometimes (especially the past few years) it just makes me more aware of my single-ness. Sometimes it's just lonely!!! I really enjoy being single for the most part. I can go out with my friends, be silly, stay up late, sleep in, buy what I want (for the most part), go on vacation, I really only have to worry about me. (Obviously I am concerned with those around me, but you know what I mean). But sometimes, I just want someone to cuddle with on the couch, to hold my hand in the mall, and to tell me that I'm just so great (words of affirmation can do amazing things).
I had a thought the other day as I did the "10 days of finals" for my cousin who is in law school and as I've sat many hours at night working on a Christmas present for my brother. I thought "some guy somewhere is really missing out". Honestly, I'd be the cutest, most thoughtful girlfriend in the world! But for now I guess my brother and my cousin can reap the benefits of my awesomeness and I'll continue to try and be patient waiting for my perfect doughnut.

Dear Santa,
Could you please leave me a man when you drop by my house this Christmas?
Love, Cathy

2 comments:

  1. The ten days of finals were very much appreciated! You would make a great girlfriend for some lucky guy, I just hope that doesn't mean that we cousins will then have to miss out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a convo similar to this with one of my guy friends last night! I don't really need a man right now, but I wouldn't mind if Santa dropped a hot one off for me too :) If you talk to him... you should pass on the word.

    ReplyDelete