Friday, December 16, 2011

Carpools and cheaters

What a lovely evening I enjoyed with my cousin Richard and our new found friends Megan and Jamie. I was invited to go see the lights at Salem pond by my friend Liz. I invited my cousin to come along with me. We arrived at the designated meet up location and I quickly discovered that I didn't really know anyone there except Liz. Lucky for us, the two girls standing next to us also didn't really know anyone, we all became instant friends, bonded by our lack of outgoing-ness I suppose.
Since I didn't particularly want to drive I asked Megan and Jamie if we could go with them. We jumped in the car and headed for Salem. It didn't take long to move past the small talk and just start chatting and laughing like friends. We found the pond with little trouble and decided to just drive around instead of getting out since it was cold. We didn't see the rest of the group so we just went off on our own. We drove around the pond a few times before we discovered that the rest of the group had congregated on the bridge. We turned around to go and park and meet them there. After apparently getting too close for the comfort of the car in front of us, we passed them and hurried to our perfect parking spot, skillfully maneuvering the dip in the road with no trouble.
We quickly decided that we had made the right choice in staying in the car to look at the lights. 2 minutes on the bridge was more than enough. We returned to the car and headed to Liz's house for some hot chocolate. Small talk with the others in attendance and then to the games. We played the T-shirt game which is similar to Apple to Apple's. We had a great time, but as more people joined the game, winning became more elusive. Richard and I had been winning but then it looked like it might take forever for someone to win. Jamie wasn't feeling too good, which her neck starting to hurt her from a car accident a couple months ago. We decided we needed to end the game quickly, so we "joined" teams with Megan. Unfortunately her partner still doesn't know about this and I suppose you could call it cheating, but it was for a good cause. Jamie really was ready to go. We left the party laughing pretty hard and had a great time driving home. I wish I had some pictures of the 4 of us. We really had a great time.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment