Saturday, April 30, 2011

Wedding Bells

Too bad they aren't mine. Last weekend I went to Idaho for my cousin JB's wedding. It was great. I went a day early and surprised my mom and dad. I got to help with the wedding favors, go to the movies with my sister and cousin, stay up late watching my new favorite TV show Fringe with my cousin, and meet family I've never met before. My cousin JB and his family are from Washington and the last time I saw them was when I was about 3 years old. Being three I couldn't remember them at all and their two youngest kids I had never met. JB and I wrote to each other on our missions and when we got back he came to school at BYU-I so I got to know him a bit there. His oldest sister Lillie came to a family reunion a while back so I had met her. His other sister Carli stopped at our house on her way to visit a friend in Arizona, but the two youngest and my aunt and uncle remained only names and faces on the annual Christmas card.




It was so fun to meet them! I only saw them briefly at the temple and the dinner afterward, but lucky us (unlucky them) they got a flat tire on their way back to Washington and had to stop at our house while we tried to find a place to get a new tire on Easter Sunday in Idaho. We had a great time chatting and I feel like I really missed out as a child, not having this family closer.
It was a great weekend and the ride home with my cousin Jamee was icing on the cake. We had a great discussion about Christ and the power of His atonement. It was very fitting for Easter Sunday and really opened my eyes and helped me understand many things better.
I'm s grateful for the Savior and His atonement for me. His willingness to sacrifice everything for me so that I can repent of my shortcomings, learn, and progress to return to live with my Heavenly Father. What a beautiful time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment