Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sunday will come

Somedays you're on top of the world and somedays you have a melt down. My melt downs seem to occur around Labor Day. I just take one a year but I make it count. The end of last week was interesting. Thursday I started crying at work. Poor co-worker he wasn't quite sure what to do with me. Offered me a hug, which I really wanted but I knew I'd totally dissolve so I passed on that. Then I was fine. Friday he had a crappy day and it was my turn to offer him a hug. Saturday was fine, Sunday was great. Monday was a Monday. Tuesday though, that's where it went downhill fast. I work collections, not the most desirable job, but it pays me. Anyway we have this account that is 22 days past due and I saw the guy walking down the street so I called him up. Well he actually answered and he didn't have anything nice to say. After listening to as much profanity as I could stand I hung up. My co-worker, Aldo, looked at me and asked what happened. I told him and so he picked up the phone and called the guy back. He wasn't nice and put this guy in his place. Between the guy swearing at me and Aldo standing up for me I completely lost it. I went in the back and composed myself and then I was okay I guess. Watery eyes and not feeling super great. I decided part way through the day that I didn't really like feeling so sad and always on the verge of tears so I decided to ask my neighbor for a blessing. This is a hard thing for me. I don't know why but it always is. Well I did okay for the day, but at the end of the day I really just wanted a hug so I asked Aldo for a hug. Being the nice guy he is, he gave me one, but that set me off and I just started crying. I left work and went to the temple where I cried through the session off and on. Then in my car I completely dissolved. I got home and after I cried to my roommate my neighbor came over to give me a blessing with another guy from my ward. , I told the guys my "issues" for lack of a better word and cried some more. The thing that bugs me the most is that there really wasn't anything wrong. Maybe change and stress? Anyway Simeon gave me a blessing and I calmed down and wasn't even crying by the time it was over, but then Simeon gave me a hug and I just couldn't keep it in.
Satan was definitely working on me, but I'm feeling better now. After breaking down one more time for the night with my friend Katie I felt much better. I'm grateful for the priesthood and good friends.
Life really is okay, but sometimes it's just hard. Maybe a bit overwhelming. It will always be that way, no matter the stage of life. I get that. Right now it's my lot in life to be single and to sometimes feel lonely, overwhelmed, confused, and maybe a bit lost. But it's okay. Heavenly Father loves me. He's given me the tools I need to make it through. I don't have to go it alone. No matter how bad things look, it's like the talk Elder Wirthlin gave a few years ago, Sunday will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment