Friday, June 11, 2010

Be Positive

So the other day I was at home by myself. I decided it was much too nice outside to sit inside. I decided to walk down the park, upon arriving I sat on the swings and started to ponder life. Maybe not my greatest move of the night. I sat there only to discover I didn't really like where I was in life. I don't like my job, I don't get out much, and the worst part for me was that I didn't really know where I wanted to be. It's hard to get somewhere when you don't even know where it is. I texted my friend asking if he ever felt stuck in life. Smartalec that he is said "I wasn't aware of any other state of being." :) Upon clarifying, that maybe your life isn't going anywhere he agreed with me and oddly it made me feel better. Also on the walk back home I talked with another friend. She said maybe if you feel like you aren't progressing, you aren't. And it's no ones fault but your own. So what can I do in life to feel like I'm moving somewhere, in a direction I want to go. I'm thinking of going back to school to be a teacher, I'm gonna find a new job, and I'm going to read more educational stuff. Also, I was looking through my books and found President Hinckley's book Way to Be! I read it in a day and decided that maybe one of my problems is my attitude. Sometimes I'm just not very positive. I like to complain and let's be honest, no one likes a complainer, no one wants to hear it. It doesn't help anyone, least of all me. So my goal for this week and hopefully for my life is to stop complaining, no matter how lame the customers are, how tired I feel, how annoying our dogs are, how cold it is, how hot it is, I'm not gonna complain. Hold me to it. :) Life is too short and too great to dwell on the lame stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you Cathy. It is too easy for me to complain as well. I know you can stick to your goal!! The best time to change and do what you want is right now!

    ReplyDelete