Thursday, June 24, 2010

Be Kind

So yesterday I was sitting at my computer and my friend sent me a link to a blog. So I went there and started reading. It completely broke my heart and really brought home the saying that if you think your life is bad you can always find someone who has it worse. I may think that I have trials and that life isn't going how I want it to but there are definitely a whole bunch of people out there who have it way worse and I wouldn't trade trials with them for anything. My boss, whenever she's frustrated about money, tells herself that she's wealthier than a third of humanity. I believe the trick to happiness is in perspective. Obviously we should not be happy because someone else is miserable, but we can be happy knowing that maybe our trials really aren't as bad as we might think. I wanted to find a quote I heard once, and I thought Elder Eyring said it, but I couldn't find it and maybe he didn't say it. It goes something like this, "Treat every person you meet as if they are fighting the hardest battle of their life and 80% of the time you'll be right." I do not know if that is true and I don't know if Elder Eyring really said it, but it can't hurt right? All of us are fighting different battles and it's very likely that at least some of them are much harder than the one we are fighting. I looked on the internet for that quote last night and couldn't find it. This is what I did find. "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle." For everyone out there fighting a hard battle, you are not alone. There are people who love you and above all you have a Heavenly Father who loves you, and a brother, Jesus Christ, who knows exactly how you feel. He is waiting to reach out and help you through whatever you might be going through. You always have a friend and there is always someone praying for you. I know my prayers were a little different last night. I am grateful for the trials I have, but I am even more grateful for the trials I don't have. It's all in perspective. I hope that I can try and keep that perspective and remember to be kind.
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle."

2 comments:

  1. That is excellent advice!!! Thanks Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Cathy, You inspire me... for you are one of the kindest people I've ever met. Thank you for being Kind to me. It enables me to be kind to others! I love you. (CAmille)

    ReplyDelete