Thursday, April 1, 2010

MTC


So I go to the MTC every Thursday night after work. I even have a name tag now that says "Sister Schultz Volunteer Missionary Training Center" I love it! the elders glow and they're just so great and their Spanish is horrible and I just love them. One of my favorite weeks was when the Elders were doing "contacts in the park". They came and introduced themselves to me, one was Elder Johnson and the other Elder Nielson. I thought to myself "there was an Elder Nielson in my mission". At the end of the contact I asked the elders where they were going. They said Spain. I of course got really excited. "I served in Spain!!! Which mission are you going to?" Elder Johnson is going to Madrid and Elder Nielson to Barcelona. They then asked me which mission I served in. I said Malaga and then Elder Nielson said, " Oh! My brother served in Malaga." Yes my district leader/zone leader/ AP is this elder's brother. What a tiny world. Tonight he taught me and I got a picture with him to send to his brother.
The other interesting thing about the MTC tonight was that I went alone which I don't usually do. I always go with Emily but she had to go to Salt Lake tonight. I went into my room, the elders came and we walked to "the bus", then I went back to my room to wait for them to come and teach me for the second half of the hour and there was a guy in my room. He had been assigned to the same room so we chatted for a while until the elders came back. Then the elders taught us and turns out we are "almost getting married". The things we say when we are pretending to be someone else. Anyway that's what we did for the rest of the night. "We're not married, just working in that direction." After the volunteering was over, my new friend asks me to go to dinner, and I did. it was fun. Kinda really random, but fun.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! I have found that the church is a very small world. Doesn't take long before someone you know knows someone else you know. Glad you are getting married...maybe you should get to know hime a bit longer though.

    ReplyDelete