Sunday, June 17, 2018

Two funerals and a wedding

June is flying by and I can't believe I get married in a couple days. This weekend was one for the books. Jamee and I left early Thursday morning for Idaho. The AC on her car went out so that was an added bonus since it was 80 degrees at 6 in the morning. We made great time to Idaho and met my mom and sister at the craft store that's going out of business. My sister had told me earlier in the week that my grandpa Van would probably die that week. While we were standing in the store, my sister whispered to me that he had passed early that morning. When we went outside to the cars, my mom told me as well. While it didn't come with quite the shock my grandmother's passing did, it was still sad. It has been sad to watch my parents, lose on of their parents.
My mom was oober stressed having to make the trip to Twin Falls to clean out grandpa's room, arrange a funeral and do my bridal shower. The morning of my shower she was a hot mess. Luckily my dad stepped up to plate to lighten her load. It was so tender to see him helping her without a hint of irritation or annoyance. I know it helped my mom a lot.
The night before my bridal shower was busy with last minute shopping for the party so we didn't get to watch the movie my sister had planned but we did all get together in our MATCHING PINK PAJAMAS to chat a little and of course take a picture. 

My bridal shower was beautiful! My sister chose the theme of doughnuts, stemming from this blog actually. 😄 The decorations and food were absolutely perfect and I felt so loved seeing all the people who came to celebrate me and my upcoming wedding. My long time friend Emmily came from Pocatello with her adorable daughter, my 2nd grade bestie came from Meridian and of course brought lots of laughs with her, and of course my sister from Oregon, my cousins and my aunt.
I had the chance afterward to go and see the sealing of my good friend Danizza and her husband Tim to 7 of their 8 adopted children. It was so tender to see them all kneeling around the altar and feel of their love for each other. Tim and Dani are saints for sure.
Jamee and I left Saturday night to be back for Father's Day. I spent Sunday evening with Bryan's family celebrating dads. I am grateful for the good dad he is to his two kids and of course for my own dad who has done so much for me and taught me so many life lessons.
My grandpa's funeral was on Tuesday. Jamee and I drove up to Centerville and met up with Jon to make the drive to Burley for the funeral. When I was in Idaho for the shower mom said it was like deja vu to aunt Suzanne's wedding. Her grandpa died just before her wedding and her mom (my grandma) had to plan a funeral right before a wedding. Aunt Suzanne said to tell me to remember not to forget that everything was still about me and my wedding and it was okay to plan things around me.
I had never been to a military funeral before and it was actually really cool, but totally tear jerking. I totally lost it when they handed my mom the flag and thanked her for my grandpa's service. I was surprised by the number of family members who came. Uncle James and Duane from Washington, Emma and Ryan from Provo, JB from St. Anthony and of course Uncle Don and his family and all of my family. Coral was a welcome comic relief during some very sad moments.
And so within a month I attended two funerals and will have my wedding in just a couple days. Grandma Van and aunt Tammy will also get the two funerals since grandma's brother in law died the morning of the funeral and they will hurry back after the wedding to go to Uncle Bill's funeral in Boise.
Some people might think that it was poor timing and maybe so, but neither my grandma Schultz or my grandpa Van would have been able to come to my wedding because of their health and this way they both will and grandpa Schultz might come down as well.
When we got back from the funeral, Jamee came over to get me ready for bridal/groomal photos. I haven't seen them all, but what I have seen, they are fantastic!😍



No comments:

Post a Comment