Saturday, June 9, 2018

Life is busy

I always think my life is pretty boring and nothing ever happens and then I stop and think, "Wow! How is it already June?! Where did the time go?" And I realize that while it might not be super exciting, life is busy and full of great things and great people.

I finished my first year of teaching last week! I survived a year with 25 little people who taught me SO much. I made A LOT of mistakes, but I think overall it was a success. I'm excited to go into next year with all the knowledge I have gained and strive to be a better teacher and continue to learn and improve.
My grandmother Schultz passed away the day before Memorial Day. I wouldn't say that I was especially close to my grandma, but I was always happy to see her. I'm 33 years old and this was the first grandparent that I have lost. I cried for a good hour. I had to get a sub for the 2nd to last day of school and made the trek up to Idaho for the funeral. Bryan went with me and it was very touching to hear her children share memories of her. I realized I have a lot more in common with her than I thought and heard some things that made me want to be just like grandma. My dad shared that whenever he went over to visit he felt like she was happy to see him. That he was her favorite. I want to be that person. That person who makes other people feel like they are loved and valued and that I am really happy they are there. We had two tornado warnings while we were driving to the cemetery and let me tell you, that was craziness!


After I finished school on the first (I only had 12 kids come to school, it was awesome!), my cousin and I started our trek north to Idaho. Saturday morning, my parents, cousin and I headed to Oregon to visit my sister and her family for my nieces first birthday. She is SO adorable. They came back with us and will be here until my wedding.


On the way back we stopped in Twin Falls and stayed with Katie so she could take some bridal pictures. I got too hot and locked my knees and almost passed out so that was a fun adventure. Thursday we headed back so I could go to the gyno (yippee) and meet with my bishop for my living ordinance recommend.
Today we got a new car since mine is still in the shop and I hate it and I want to never see it ever again. We also got our marriage license today. 13 days and counting. Only a few more things to check off the list. This biggest and most stressful for me right now is packing up my life to move. I'm excited for the wedding and this new adventure they call marriage. I'll be so glad when the wedding is over and I can get into a normal routine and start finding balance again.

No comments:

Post a Comment