Monday, July 17, 2017

A good dose of the outdoors

This summer has been jam packed. I've been driving like crazy and have hardly been home for a weekend since the beginning of May. I had a rare weekend where I wasn't traveling somewhere and it worked out perfectly to be the weekend of my old Stake MSA camping activity. Luckily Aubrey also had a free weekend so we packed up our stuff and headed up Payson canyon. It was BEAUTIFUL. The weather was perfect, the campsite was perfect, the company was good. I came home tired, with a slight sunburn and smelling like a camp fire. To me this equals a very successful camping trip.


 It's amazing how a few minutes can completely change the scenery. There were no filters used. I love nature. God is the ultimate artist.


When I got home, I took a much needed nap and then got ready to go hiking up American Fork canyon to Scout Falls. The hike was pretty easy and again it was beautiful.


I thought I would sleep like a rock Saturday night, but I actually had a hard time falls asleep. Luckily I managed to get a good nap in on Sunday. I'm hoping as my schedule starts to taper and fall into more of a routine, I'll have some time before it gets too cold to go camping at least one more time and get some good hiking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment