Friday, September 9, 2016

Running

There is a reason I make running goals and it's not so I can eat lots of cookies. I haven't been running in two weeks and I just brushed it off as no big deal. I've been really busy and I was sick so running obviously would have to wait. Last night I got out of the temple early and it wasn't a million degrees so I decided to go for a short run. It was amazing! I only ran 1.5 miles and it wasn't fast, but when I got home I felt so great! My attitude was just so much better. My dinner didn't get made on time so I had cereal, but that was okay. I didn't get quite as much homework done as I was planning, but that was okay too! I felt better about everything on my plate and more like I could conquer the world. Running is my therapy. It helps keep me balanced and grounded and sane. I seem to forget that it does that for me when I haven't been in a while. My perspective on how things are going in my life has changed and I'm looking forward to more regular running again, especially with the fall colors for the next two months and the cooler temperatures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment