Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Balance

When you have chips and blueberries for dinner, you kind of feel like maybe you might be failing at life a little bit.
This is a woe is me post and I'll probably delete it later, but I am feeling very overwhelmed with life and I'm coming up short all over the place. Balance is nowhere to be seen and I need to get it out. Today I needed to go to the grocery store, look at a car, turn the AC on at the church for institute, put the groceries away, get to institute to help set up, be at institute and do my homework. I got the groceries, the car I went to see doesn't have air conditioning, as in it never did. Why would they even make a car like that!? Looked at another car, left before really getting a good feel for any car, drove to the church, which was locked, left the church to go put the chicken in the freezer and grab the projector. Put the chicken in freezer bags, grabbed the projector and got to the church in time to turn on the AC and sit down. The lesson was really great, but got derailed a bit in the beginning so we didn't make it through the entire lesson which left a lot of things unanswered. boo. Came home to discover that although I had put the chicken in freezer bags, I did not actually put it in the freezer. Luckily my roommate saw that I'm a dope and did it for me so the chicken was not lost. Since being home I have, cried, prayed, filled the humidified, had some tea and prayed some more. No homework will be done tonight. I'm only two weeks behind.
I've got to figure something out and find some balance, so I can eat like I should and get some homework done and find a new car and date and run and sleep and clean my room and sew and do my calling and be and do all the things. It's no wonder I have a cold.
But I do have many blessings. I have good roommates who ask about my day and put my chicken in the freezer when I forget and let me use their humidifier and diffuser to help with my cold. I have a car that runs and gets me to the places I need to go. I can work while I go to school so I don't have a boat load of debt when I'm done. I can leave my job for a couple hours during the day to do my observation teaching. I have food. Good healthy balanced meal food. (Just gotta work on actually preparing and eating it). I have a house. I have good people who make me laugh and rub my back and help relieve my stress, even if it's back again tomorrow. I have a Heavenly Father who listens and probably shakes his head at me a lot and whispers to me that I'll be okay. He knows I'm overwhelmed. He's helping me. I'll find some balance.
I'm going to bed now. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment