Saturday, May 21, 2016

Looking for trouble

I think it's human nature to look for trouble. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself to try and feel better about this day and the choices I make sometimes. It is amazing to me how I can take a good day, a known situation and some crazy emotions and spin quite the tail and make myself miserable. I sometimes wonder if I don't subconsciously like being miserable. I attended a sealing this morning in the Salt Lake temple for my friend. It was beautiful and so happy. She's a few years older than I am and I've watched from the very beginning of their relationship and it was so great to be there to witness the beginning of their eternal journey together. Right after their sealing I walked over to the Tabernacle for my friend's Organ Recital. It was filled with fun music. I stayed after and watched him interact with people and was going to go and say hi, but then he turned and left. As I drove home I found myself and my crazy emotions throwing a huge pity party. A day filled with so much happiness in the wedding of my friend and the musical success of my friend, turned into all the things I don't have and will never have (I tell myself lots of lies at pity parties) and continued throughout the rest of the day; until right now, as I sit in my bed at 9 p.m. having accomplished close to nothing today.
Why do I do this to myself? This day had so much potential for good and I killed it. I let myself go into a downward spiral. Luckily tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it. Yet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment