Friday, February 19, 2016

1D to the rescue

This week has been a bit rough. Although most of my sisters quilt is finished and I should be feeling some relief from that department, I'm not. I'm about a week and a half behind in school. I have a new calling that I'm going to have to work to love and one of my coworkers has called in sick 4 days this week. For most people that last one would elicit compassionate thoughts for a speedy recovery. Not in this case. This coworker misses at least 3 days a month. EVERY. MONTH. And there are no consequences except not getting paid. That's fine for her, don't come to work, don't get paid. BUT what about the rest of the people at work who have to do their work AND hers while she's gone. I've looked for a job multiple times in the last 6 months just because of her. I didn't start disliking my job until she got hired. I understand that some people have medical conditions, but if that's the case, they either need to be going to a doctor to get them taken care of, or get a different job that doesn't inconvenience EVERYONE else when they're gone. ALL. THE. TIME. I don't know why they keep her.
With that vent out of the way, yesterday I was in an especially low mood, so what did I do to fix that? Watched some carpool karaoke. Specifically my most favorite One Direction episode. It did the trick. It brought a smile to my face and lifted my spirits. I don't care if I'm ridiculous in my love for 1D. If it works, it works.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there friend!! :) I love Carpool Karaoke. I watch them all multiple times!

    ReplyDelete