Monday, January 18, 2016

My Way

Life is hard. Interacting with people is hard. We all have our own way of thinking and doing things and it's very easy to get into the mindset that our way is the BEST way and quite possibly the ONLY way to do things. Sometimes our way really is the best way, but it is NOT the only way and just because it might be best doesn't mean that everyone else has to think so or that they have to do it that way. As I get older I find myself more and more often telling myself that it's okay. It's okay that they don't do it my way, even though my way is better. I have to tell myself this repeatedly because it's so easy to fall into the trap that my way is the ONLY way and that if they aren't doing it my way they are probably terrible people and that the world is going to end. A bit dramatic I know, but sometimes in my tired and frustrated mind that is how it seems. So here's to being more open minded and accepting that people can do things how they want. They can keep their stuff and put it where they want. They can inform people or keep things to themselves. They can spend their money how they want. They eat vegan. They can use 18 rolls of toilet paper in a week. This is life and most of things don't affect me at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment