Tuesday, January 5, 2016

College was good

I really loved college. I loved class and work and the people I met and the adventures I went on. I feel like the friends I made in college were quality. Obviously not all of those friendships stuck. We're facebook friends, but it doesn't extend much beyond that. And that is perfectly okay. But some of those friends, although they may not be much more than facebook posts, mean a lot. My first year or two of college I helped with video production. I was the only girl on the crew and we all just got along great. Jared and Scot were two of my favorites. They were hard workers and loved to have fun. I loved doing shows with them. Eventually they graduated and moved on with life, as they should and then I went on my mission. While in my second area I got a wedding announcement from Jared. This may not seem like a big deal, but for me it was something really special. This wasn't an announcement sent to my parents and then forwarded on to me, this was addressed to me, in Spain. IN SPAIN. Not only did he have to pay additional postage to get it to me, but I wasn't on facebook. I didn't post my address on any wedding page or google doc. He had to talk to my parents and get that address. Even sitting here writing about it, I'm crying. It's a silly small thing, that meant and means so much to me. At that point in time I hadn't seen or talked to him for a couple years.
 And now here I am 8 years later (8! how did that happen?) and Jared is still such a great friend to me. With his busy life of work and a family, when I needed a new computer (a year ago) he messaged me and let me know what kind of good deals there were and today when I finally ordered one, he helped me with the ordering, calling me from the airport on his way to London and Beijing, gave me some recommendations and made sure everything was good to go. He's basically the best ever. God is always reminding me that there is good in the world. I just have to REMEMBER and always make sure to look for it. Thanks Jared. And thanks God.

No comments:

Post a Comment