Friday, December 12, 2014

Who decided this was a good idea?

December 12th. Status: almost dead.

In October I applied for a part time job at Joann fabric. I've had some serious dental work this year and I'm still working on paying it all off and figured a seasonal job would be just the ticket. Who knew that working 60 hours a week, trying to make your 600 mile running goal for the year, working a temple shift, taking a class and trying to get Christmas gifts done could wear a person out so completely?

Needless to say something had to give and it's been the class. Lucky for me it's independent study and although I was trying to finish it with BYU's semester, I actually have until August so it's not that big of a deal. Also my big Christmas project for my grandma is definitely not going to happen. That one is not actually my fault and I guess it could be a blessing in disguise since I just don't have the time anyway.

I have had so many angels in my life as I struggle through this mess I signed up for. I've had friends bring me dinner, save me spots at devotionals, text me to say they missed me at church and last night one of the temple coordinators took my turn to stay late and close the temple. I may have cried over a few of these.

I'm also very grateful for the testimonies this last week that helped me remember what Christmas is really about and feel a bit more of the Christmas spirit despite our glaring lack of yuletide snow.

Merry Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment