Tuesday, February 4, 2014

29

It's a fact that I'm well aware of. I'm God's favorite. There's no other explanation for ALL the amazing people I have in my life. I am often reminded of this, but never as much as on my birthday. I don't mind birthdays. I actually really like them, but I don't like to make a big deal out of mine. I don't mind if people know, but I'm not one to broadcast it to the whole world and ask for all the attention. That's fine if you do. It's your birthday and you deserve it, but that's just not me. So I always take down my birthday from facebook and keep it on the DL.
BUT other people don't always keep it on the DL for me and that's okay. This year was especially cheery on facebook and I can kind of see why people let the facebook world know it is their birthday.
My birthday cheer started on Sunday, when my dear friend Denae, aka Cheesehead, posted a poem on my facebook wall.
Dear Cathy, Here is a birthday poem for you:

There once was a cheesehead who turned twenty-nine.
She partied and danced, and looked pretty FINE!
Her friends near and far gathered to cheer
The celebration of one more blessed year.

The Cheesehead named Cathy brought joy to all;
The boys and the girls, the tall and the small.
She loved everybody; no one left out.
She made us all laugh and mended our pouts.

So on this sweet day of Dear Cathy's birth.
We all wish the Cheesehead the best birthday on Earth.

Love, Denae 


This was followed by a few people posting thinking my birthday was Sunday. Which is fine. :) Then my brother Kevin called me at midnight to make sure he was the first to wish me a happy birthday ON my birthday since he forgot my birthday last year. 

Dana posted this beauty on my wall.
And Danizza posted about 10 pictures of this handsome man.

Katie wrote me this lovely song
Sung to "oh my darling"
Happy Birthday, Cathy Dear, May you enjoy this year!
You are sweet and you are special - you have nothing to fear!
Fly on out in a few weeks, come and see your little girls -
They are funny, they are crazy, but they are my little pearls.
I will take you out to dinner or something that is fun-
Boating, biking, everglade hiking, soakin in the FL sun!
HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!!!!!


and posted this gem
My friend Laura got me this awesome seam ripper and made me this great cake.



 And people who wished to remain anonymous, but who I know their identity decorated my front door. 
My home teachers came by and brought me ice cream, a cupcake, and a rose and they sang happy birthday to me. My roommate Chelsea got me some delicious cake bites for a sweet birthday treat.
And every year for my birthday all I want is real mail and a man. I'll settle for the real mail, even if it made me cry. Thanks Dana.

And thank you to everyone else who text me, called me or left me a message on facebook. You brightened my day and made getting older, not so bad. I'm so grateful to have you all in my life. Thanks for helping me get through the last 29 years. I'm quite positive I couldn't have done it without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment