Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sometimes you just need a Leandro

I once heard some statistic that to be really healthy you need the human touch. Something like 7 times a day. I don't really remember and someone could have been making it up, but I believe it.
There is just something about the human touch. I don't know what it is, but there are definitely days that I just crave it. Usually any hug will do, but there are sometimes when it's not just anyone. It needs to be a boy.
When I was in college ( I feel like I've told this story, but I can't find it) I had a friend named Leandro. We worked together and every day he would give me a hug. I'm pretty sure on most days that was the highlight of my day.
We also lived in apartment complexes that were right next to each other and one night I was having one of those moments where you just need somebody to hold you. It was past curfew (we were at BYU-I) :) so I walked over to his house and stood on the front steps until he came outside and I said through my tears, "I need a hug" and he just gave me a hug. That was all. And then I felt better.
Why do I bring this up? Last Thursday was definitely one of those days. All day long I just wanted a hug, and it really needed to be a guy. It didn't happen. I got a hug from a girl and then I went to bed and in the morning I did feel better, but I really wished that I just had a Leandro living next door and I could just go over and get a hug and feel better. Felt it again last night as I lay in bed. Sadly I am no longer in college and Leandro lives in Brazil. Someday . . . someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment