Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Babies

You don't get to be 27 and a 1/2 in the LDS culture without thinking about marriage and babies at least once. Even if it wasn't something I really wanted for myself, it would still come up since, EVERYONE I KNOW is either married, getting married or having a baby. And that is great! It really is.
I think it can be very easy to be bitter when people around you have things that you really wish you had. I'll admit it, sometimes it's really hard. It's also easy to go the other way and glorify the single life. I've come to accept that they both have pro's and con's.

For now, I get to be the proud "aunt" of 4 beautiful children. 3 of them live far away in Florida and I'm very grateful for technology so I can still see the youngest one learning to walk and all of them discovering the world. Thanks Kate for letting me be the "aunt".

And then there is the newest one. My one "nephew" who is a week old today. I get to be the "aunt" here because I played a key role in his parents getting together. Yes, you're welcome little Hyram, because of me, you are alive. Ha, just kidding. But as I was sitting there holding him and talking with Denae I was just amazed that he was there. That any baby arrives the way it does. Truly it is a miracle. That little thing grew inside of you! Props to all the moms who have endured great discomfort to bring that tiny little life into the world.

For now, I'll enjoy the pro's of being single, like getting 8 hours of sleep every night and being able to go and do whatever the heck I want, and try to wait patiently for the day when I will no longer have those luxuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment