Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Weekend 2012

Woohoo!! Memorial Day weekend!!! What did I do you may ask? Not a whole lot. Friday night I went to an awesome benefit concert for the 4-H program. Seriously the music was AWESOME. I wish more people had come because this concert was ROCKIN'! If you've never heard of Truman, look them up. They were awesome. The Whits were also great as were the other bands.
Saturday I ran a 5k. Nothing too exciting to report there. I have decided though, that even if I think it's ridiculous to get ready to go do something like run a race, I should do it anyway. There will inevitably be someone I know there and I'll wish I didn't look like a zombie. After the race I got ready and headed to Tabiona with Aubrey, Megan and Jenae. We had a lovely time out in the country. We watched a movie (aka took a nap), rode the horse and went to a BBQ. The riding of the horse was especially significant. I wasn't going to ride since it was really windy and the horse was a bit jumpy, but then I said something about it being John Wayne's birthday and then Aubrey commented on the coincidence that the horse's name is Duke.
After that I couldn't NOT ride so I went for a quick one. Can't pass that up on John Wayne's birthday.
Sunday was pretty dull, as was Monday. I suppose I was fairly productive. I've been on a quilting spurt and it's been very satisfying to see the finished products. Too bad I feel like that motivation is wearing off. June is just looking so busy I don't know when I'll find the time. You can look at the quilts here if you like. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment