Monday, October 11, 2010

Quilting!

So I love to make quilts. I often start one and then start another before I finish the first one. There are just so many cute ones to make! Well I had about 10 quilt tops finished or mostly finished and they just needed to be quilted. Free motion quilting on my sewing machine works, but it takes a while and makes my arms tired and doesn't always come out the way I would like. Lucky for me my friend Aubrey is a home-ec teacher and has a giant quilting machine in her classroom. So this weekend while she was reffing Volleyball I was in her classroom quilting away. It took me a bit to get it down, figure out the tension, what design and all that, but I got it. So after 9 hours, 1 broken needle, 1 lunch break, 1 lay down on the floor because my back hurts, 8 or so CD's listened to, I finshed all 6 quilts that I had taken with me. I haven't taken pictures of them yet, but here's some pictures of me working on the machine. And one when I was all done stretching my poor aching back. :) And don't mind the lovely hair. I had to get up at 6 a.m. and wasn't going to worry about it and it just got progressively worse as the day went on.



1 comment:

  1. Nice job! That is a lot of work! I am glad you finished. It always feels good to be done with any project.

    ReplyDelete