Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Miracles

Dear God,

I don't really understand life. The people I like don't like me, the people who like me I don't like. It's just kind of complicated. But a few months ago you gave me some great insight, through my friend Becky. I was feeling a bit down about the whole "love" thing and it wasn't even because I don't have anyone. It was because my friends did have it and I didn't like it. It was weird and I just didn't think it was a good fit. I brought this issue to you many times, I'm sure you remember, but a couple weeks ago in church you helped me remember the great insight from Becky. I was sitting there and I remembered how she said, " it's a miracle anyone ever gets married. It's such a gamble. You date and it fails and fails and fails, until one time it doesn't fail. It's a miracle anyone ever finds each other". (paraphrased) And then it hit me. I was part of a miracle. I helped two people find each other. I lived my life in a way you could use me as an instrument to help them. I'm grateful for that. Thanks for letting me be part of a miracle.

Love,
Cathy

3 comments:

  1. How sweet. I think I may know just who you are talking about. They will thank you forever. Your time will come and when it does...you will be so thankful for the wait...it will be special. You have had many experiences that have molded you into who you are - a wonderful daughter of God. And because of those experiences, you will be a wonderful wife/mother. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- Check out my latest... www.katiedallingphotography.blogspot.com it's a start. :o)Ever want picts - it's on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like being a miracle. :) And I LOVE you, Cathy! You are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete