Sunday, March 7, 2021

Olivia Fe

 I am the mother of a baby girl! Thursday the 25th of February we welcomed Olivia Fe into the world. Wednesday I was so sick with the flu. I could barely get out of bed and was puking all day. Lincoln and I watched a lot of TV. I was so thankful when mom got here. I was worried I wouldn't be able to have the baby the next day because of how sick I was, but by bedtime I was able to get up and move around without barfing. 

Thursday morning we were up bright and early to be in Ogden by 5:30. My doctor decided it would be better for me to deliver in Ogden in case there were any complications and we had to do a csection. Because of the fibroid, a csection would be much more complicated than the norm. He wanted to have another OB to help him and access to blood in case there were problems. Again, because of the fibroid. 

When I got all checked in, the checked my cervix and I was dilated to a 3! They got me going on pitosin and we just sat around waiting. At 11 I was dilated to a 6 and they broke my water. I got an epidural shortly after. I told the guy that last time I had to get two epidurals because the first one didn't work so he said he would do his best to be one and done. We had a little problem with the epidural causing shooting pains down my leg, but he was able to fix that and then we were set. I dilated to an 8 in about an hour and was 80% effaced. Dr. Bailey was finishing up his last appointment and would be on his way. Dr. Murphy was on standby incase Dr. Bailey didn't make it. 

I went from an 8 to a 10 and 100% in about 37 seconds and was ready to push. I don't know how women have babies without epidurals because I had one and was still hurting. The called Dr. Murphy in and I was pushing that baby. My nurses were fabulous. I had two like last time. One training the other. The trainer was just amazing. You know they were chosen to train because they are just so great. There was also a paramedic student in there watching. At 12:37 our little Olivia made her entrance. She didn't cry. She was all purple and we were just waiting for her to fill those little lungs and make her presence known, but she didn't. She started breathing, but still didn't cry. She is so tiny compared to Lincoln and has SO MUCH HAIR. It's pretty long too. 






I am just so amazed at what my body is capable of. It grew a human. Twice! What a blessing to have a body. And what a blessing to be a mother. God has entrusted me with two of his children. It is my responsibility to teach them. To help them learn and know their Father in Heaven. I am truly grateful and terrified by his trust in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment