Monday, July 8, 2019

You always need your dad

Yesterday we blessed Lincoln at church and then of course it was testimony meeting. I sat there thinking about my testimony. I thought about when I was in labor and the epidural wasn't working and I was in SOOO much pain I just wanted my dad. My mom was there, my husband was there, I had a couple nurses, but in between the uterus wrenching contractions, I asked my dad to come hold my hand. I felt a little bit bad asking my dad when Bryan was sitting right there, but I just wanted my dad. He came and stood by my bed and held my hand. He wouldn't look at me. He just watched the machine showing my contractions. He couldn't look at me in so much pain. As I thought of that yesterday, I thought about how much our Heavenly Father loves us. How he is always there when we need him. Even when we have so many wonderful people around us to support us, we still have him. And sometimes that really all we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment