Saturday, November 24, 2018

To the life you didn't see coming

I went to the dentist last week. As I sat there talking to the hygienist, she asked, did you imagine this is where you would be a year ago? I laughed and said definitely not. Last year at this time, I was a first year teacher, headed home for Thanksgiving alone with no prospects. I was happy, but alone. Fast forward one year and here I am, a married second year teacher with a ...BABY on the way! Say what!? You really just never know what God has in store and how his time table is going to play out. We weren't planning on a baby this soon, but here we are. I can already see God's hand in the timing. Was it a bit of a shocker? Totally. Did it take me a while to adjust? Still working on it. You have all these plans for your life and then God pops in and says, "How about this?" And you just have to take it and roll with it. I am still having a hard time adjusting to my life plans to the plans God has for us. I suppose it's a good thing I've got 9 months to adjust. As much as one can. It's still so weird to think about. I am growing a person inside of me. Currently little "nut" is the size of a kumquat and is much too small to feel. But there's a baby in there. Sapping my energy and making me throw up at least once a day. If I'm lucky. God has always blessed me beyond what I deserve. Sometimes I haven't seen it, but he truly knows me best and gives me exactly what I need. We'll see how this new adventure goes and where it takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment