Monday, December 18, 2017

Tis the season

With the year coming to a close it's a time a reflection and reevaluation. I'm 4 months into my first year of teaching. I'm still working diligently on having more patience. I am finding what works with certain students and what doesn't. I'm constantly trying to figure out how to be more effective. I am officially on winter break and I have a cold to prove that I haven't been getting enough sleep the last week or two.
As I look back at this year I see so much growth and so many things to be grateful for. I finished my degree, got a teaching job and started teaching. I moved to a new place, went to a new ward, got a new calling. My car died and I've been incredibly humbled to be driving the purple people eater. I became an aunt and it's my very favorite. I didn't date anyone this year. And I've learned even more how important it is to love yourself and be okay with where you are and work on what you are in control of.
I have had so much love and support as I have struggled through difficult things and succeeded in other places. So many people have been willing to reach out and help me, whether that was with their words or their very tangible acts of service. 10 years ago as I prepared to leave on a mission, I never would have looked forward and seen myself where I am now. That's how God works. I am grateful for the lessons I've learned in the last 10 years. Especially about myself and what I am capable of.
I am looking forward to 2018 and all the opportunities it will bring. I'm still working on tweaking a few "New Years Resolutions" but I know it will be a successful year. When God is on your side, it's always a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment