Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Give them a hug

I've been doing the single thing for a long time now. If we go from when I graduated high school and started into the big world of college, I've been at it for 12 years. There are lots of ups and downs along the way, most of the time I'm pretty okay with how things are going and I'm good to just be going them on my own. Some days though, I realize how alone I am. I think about the last time someone touched me; on purpose and not just bumping into someone in the hall. A time when it was personal and not just a handshake when you met someone new. I'm constantly surrounded by people, but never have interaction. Real personal human interaction, even just among friends. I'm single, I'm not expecting a miracle here. :) I know I won't have a hand to hold watching a movie with my friends, or someone to cuddle up with on the couch, but I just crave a hug. Someone who is happy to see me and gives me a hug because they are my friend and care about me. I didn't have to ask for it, they just gave it out as naturally as anything because we're friends. A hug from a girl friend will suffice, but what I really want, and I'm not sure why there is this difference, is a hug from a guy friend. Completely platonic. There have been few times in my life, when a hug from a guy has been awkward or where I questioned his motives. I know I can't be the only one feeling this way, so the next time you see a friend who looks like maybe they need a little extra lift, or who  you haven't hugged in a long time, just go for it. Give them a hug and be excited to see them. Life is hard and we all need a little extra love and encouragement sometimes. It's good for you and it's good for them. My goal for tonight is to do just that. :)


6 Reasons You Need To Be Touched
The Science and Practices of a Hug

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post. I believe I know how you feel since there are some days I wish for a hug and someone to cuddle with me. That will happen someday. :) I just have to remember the small acts of kindness can go a long way and mean a lot. You are awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete