Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Thoughts on turning 30

I made it. I, of course, am now an expert having been 30 for one whole day, but I have come to some conclusions in my 27 hours of completing 30 trips around the sun.
1. I have really great people in my life
But really REALLY great people in my life. People I have known for years and people I have known not as many years. All really great. They are examples to me of what kind, caring, talented, awesome people should be. They have seen me at my very worst and still continue to be my friends and to support me and to love me and they are THE best.
2. My family is my favorite.
This is related to number one, but I felt my family deserved their own. I seriously have the greatest family and I love them a lot. My sister called me at midnight, left a voicemail and promptly went to sleep, but she wanted to be the first to wish me a happy birthday. My dad (who is notorious for forgetting my mom's birthday) called and sang to me. It was quite lovely. Even my two brothers called me! I was worried my mom would forget me, but she text me around 9:30. My family is just so great and I would be in a very different spot without their love, support and humor. Especially the humor.
3. 30 isn't much different from 29.
Obviously. I'm only a day older than I was yesterday, nothing changed except a number. But what an accomplishment! I made it 30 years!
4. I like me.
Also a big accomplishment. I was thinking yesterday about when I turned 15 in 2000 and how I pictured my life in another 15 years in 2015 and how far away that seemed. I'm not where I thought I would be, but I like myself more than I think I did back then. 
5. God is so good. 
I have been so incredibly blessed in my life. I have great family, great friends, I got a good education, I have a car, a job, a place to live. I have the gospel of Jesus Christ which helps me become a better person every day. I really can't believe I'm so lucky.

Here's to another great year.

1 comment:

  1. I love you my dear! You have such a great outlook on life! I hope I can be that positive when my number changes next week!

    ReplyDelete