Thursday, January 1, 2015

Cathy turns 30

So it's my birthday in just over a month. I'm going to be the big 3-0. I go back and forth with freaking out and it just being another day, another year. 30 is a third of your life! That's kind of a big deal. A good time to reflect on what you've done and what you still want to do.

I've decided to celebrate this birthday as my "golden" birthday since my golden birthday was when I was 3 and I barely even knew what a regular birthday was. I figure 3+0=3 so it's basically the same ...

For my thirtieth year of life what I would like to do  is make myself a quilt. Shock and surprise. How can you help with this? I'm asking that instead of any gifts you may have had in mind (very presumptuous I know), that you send me 1/4 of a yard (9 inches) or a fat quarter of cotton fabric. Any color or pattern. I'll take all the fabric and make myself a birthday quilt to celebrate being alive for 30 years. Kind of weird, but I feel like it will be a good way for me to celebrate my own life as well as those of the great people in my life. To have a little piece of the people I love in a quilt I will have forever. If you don't want to participate, that's perfectly fine with me. Know that I love you all and I'm grateful for your love and friendship the last 30 years.

If you don't have my address you can facebook me or text me or ask my mom or use your other stalking skills. :)

1 comment: