Sunday, August 3, 2014

The gospel is simple

Yesterday I had the opportunity to spend the day with my family for some very important events. My cousin Jon baptized his daughter Sadie.

 After the confirmation of Sadie, he blessed his new baby Aubree Grace.
After this we headed up to Ogden for the temple open house. I had never been to an open house so I was excited to go. After a slight detour (thanks to Siri) we made it to the temple and miraculously met up with everyone else.


Whitni wanted to be carried like a baby

The tour itself was not that exciting. I guess once you've seen one temple, you've seen them all. It was very beautiful, but what stood out to me was the significance of a lot of my family going through at the same time after having had a blessing and a baptism already that day.

As I stood there talking about the significance of a temple and how it should be our goal, I was just so grateful for my testimony of Jesus Christ and his restored gospel. I realize we all have our trials and struggles, but the gospel is easy, at least for me (I know it's not for all, especially in the beginning). Satan would have you think that it is not, but really it is. The natural man is what makes things hard. Satan is so good at his job. He would have you doubt, he would have you take the "easy" way, but when everything is said and done, it is not any easier. You won't be any happier. The gospel requires a lot, but at it's core it is very simple. Come unto Christ, strive to follow him, make and keep covenants and he will bless you beyond what you could ask for. I say the gospel is easy, but there will always be hard times. That is the nature of this life, but just because something is difficult doesn't make it any less true or worth it. The contrary is actually true. It will be that much more worth it when you have to fight for it. Wherever you may be in your testimony, fight for it. Don't let Satan win. Don't let him pull you away from the Spirit. Don't let set backs keep you from trying again. God is your biggest fan, he is rooting for you to succeed. He will help you. Jesus Christ will help you. What better team could you ask for?






No comments:

Post a Comment