Monday, June 2, 2014

Made it

I did the 30 day Wholefood challenge! I didn't notice any changes except for a massive decrease in energy when I run, but that did get a little better toward the end. I weighed myself this morning and I lost 2 pounds.
I do feel like I could be healthier in my eating habits and I'll probably stick with a lot of whole30, but I'm definitely not going to be so strict with it. If I go to an activity and they have cookies and I want one, I'm going to eat it. :)
I probably won't have as much dairy as before or wheat, but I'm putting those legumes and rice and such back in. I might have pasta every now and again.
Sugar I'll definitely try to keep on a low. I had a cookie this morning and it was tasty, but not a satisfying as I was hoping for. It will still be nice to have the option.
As I've gone through this challenge I have learned a few things that I think will be beneficial. Being aware of what I'm putting in my body. With this I have to think about what I'm eating. Can I eat this? It also got me thinking a lot about the Word of Wisdom and how everything has it's purpose and benefits, it's just our consumption of them. Moderation in all things.

We'll see how I do this next month and if I need to make some more changes. In the meantime I'm looking forward so my pizza tonight. Hopefully it doesn't make me sick. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment