Monday, November 25, 2013

One time I was a ninja

So one time I was a ninja, but actually  not a very good one. Friday at work I got a text from my friend Noreen and she was so excited and had something awesome to tell me. So I went home, dropped my purse on the table and went to her house. I left my keys because I didn't want to carry them around and we have a garage so I can just get in with the garage code. So we went and got dinner after her exciting news and then she took me to my house so I could get my pjs and then we could watch a Hallmark movie. I put the code in and it WOULDN'T work. It was pretty cold out and I'm pretty sure the battery in there is ancient so I just went to her house and text my roommates to see when they would be home. Both of them were in Salt Lake. Boo. After the movie I went back to my house and tried again, but alas, no dice. Still wouldn't open. So I thought to myself, I think the kitchen window is not locked. I went to the back of the house and there is a hole in the screen so I pulled the screen down and sure enough I could just slide the window open. BUT the window is kind of high. I thought about calling the home teachers at this point, but I figured they'd be out on dates because it was Friday night and only like 10:30. Luckily there was a water faucet right there that I could step on and so I used it and jumped up into the window. I nailed my elbow pretty hard on the side of the window frame AND the blinds were down so my head was just pushing them into the house while I pulled myself in. I'm sure there was one point where it would have been awesome to see me from either side. Inside with my head poking in and the blinds on my shoulders as I walk on my hands and try to get my whole self in, and from the outside, my feet sticking out the window probably flailing while I wiggled in. It was ridiculous. I have a large bruise on my thigh, also from my jump into the house.
All in all it was quite the night. Next time I'll just call the home teachers. Or maybe I'll just replace the battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment