Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Anxiety much?

This last week stressed me out a little bit.
Sunday I was called to be a Relief Society teacher. I've had that calling before and I actually really enjoy it. One catch, my first lesson was for the next Sunday. The day after Ragnar. The first week of 8:30 church. Awesome. I read the lesson and started to ponder what the girls needed to hear and what might be the best approach.
Monday I found out my coworker was quitting. The coworker who saved my sanity in February when she got hired and learned so quickly and made everything great at work. Now she will be gone and we will be splitting up her responsibilities. I also started to look at online classes and that gave me MORE anxiety, so I stopped. I decided it could wait until other things were off my anxiety plate.
Ragnar was always on my mind. I got my final runner on Saturday. The rest of the week was sending emails, making sure everyone had what they needed and coordinating when to be there and who was going with whom. I took my team captain from last Ragnar's advice and delegated. That helped ease my anxiety a bit.
Thursday night I was back to the temple after a 6 week break while the temple was closed for cleaning and some minor remodeling. When we got our schedules I saw that I was a floater every week. That does not usually happen. After our meeting, our shift coordinator came to talk to me and asked that I be at the veil all night to shadow the veil coordinators. So I was there ALL night. It was fun and I liked learning it, but I was tired and needed to get some sleep before Ragnar.
I prayed for no nightmares, since all week I had slept poorly because I would dream of Ragnar and that I needed to stay awake to make sure everyone made it to their leg of the race. I slept really well and got up excited for Friday.
Actual Ragnar deserves it's own post so I won't go into much of it. Let's just say I took my lesson manual with the intention of working on my lesson, but it never left my bag.
On the drive home I discussed whether I should work on the lesson that night or go to bed and work on it early in the morning. As I got closer to home, morning was the only answer that was going to work. I was SO tired. I went to bed at 8:15 p.m. and slept through the night. I got up at 5:30 and went over things, but I still didn't know what to do. I created a powerpoint and just put up quotes from the manual that I had highlighted.
I wasn't nervous at all during any of the meetings. Just really tired. The lesson went REALLY well. I knew it would. The girls in my Relief Society are SOOO amazing and I knew I could count on them to participate and share their thoughts and experiences. The lesson was on the priesthood. There were so many amazing comments.
Two of my favorites were about the priesthood being an umbrella. It's held by the father, but it covers the whole family and the family can use that priesthood and pray for the priesthood holder and by their faith great things can come about.
Also applying it directly to our situation in life, we can be examples to the elders around us and expect good things from them.
A thought that I shared that I had while I was studying was this:
The brothers we are around now will be the bishops, husbands, young men leaders, Sunday School teacher and most importantly, fathers, in the church. They may not be our bishops or husbands, but they will be someone's. We need to support and encourage them and help them become who God needs them to be for the future of the church, just as we hope there are women elsewhere doing the same for our future.

I am so grateful for the priesthood in my life and for the worth men in my life who are willing to bless my life with it.
In the end the week was just fine. My lesson turned out fine, Ragnar was fun, work will go on and I will figure things out. With the Lord all things are possible and everything always works out.

1 comment: